Other specialised services include standby power generator equipment and switchboard modifications. We also conduct load bank testing equipment up to 200Kw.
Power & Data Support Services was established in 2003, with the goal of providing a service to ensure power availability to clients in the Cairns & Tablelands region as well as Mt Isa Cape, Cape York and Torres Strait Islands areas.
Our goal is to ensure your business is always running on power, or at least has time to protect and safely shut down business-critical systems in case of an emergency shutdown. Regardless of whether your site is experiencing a minor mains power blackout or complete loss of power for extended periods due to natural disasters, such as cyclones, the potential damage to your business can be far-reaching.
With the constant threat of unstable weather situations in the region, you owe it to your business – and clients – to safeguard your database.
While we provide and install UPS systems to many businesses, we also offer expert installation of data cabling, including fibre-optic cabling and switchboard systems.
Power & Data Support Services has been contracted for many major projects.
- UPS, load bank testing and power bypass equipment
- Data network and fibre-optic cabling services
- Switchboard, inspection, audits and modifications
- Sports field floodlighting and associated electrical services
- Battery replacement and standby generator equipment, including fuel tanks and load banks
- And much more
We have been contracted for a number of major power and data systems in the Cairns & FNQ region. They include:
- Mareeba Hospital main switchboard replacement
- Mareeba Hospital standby (700 KVA) generator system
- Mossman Hospital Switchboard replacement
- Defence Services frequency convertor (60Hz) installation
- Babinda Hospital standby generator system
- Cairns Data Centre electrical systems, including UPS and extended battery equipment, main switchboard and distribution switchboards.